Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Game

My soul is mine
My secrets locked tight
You don't know what I see
When you turn out the light

Call me crazy
And call me cold
But you don't know
What I've been through alone

I learned to let go
When they all walked away
When you ask me
I know just what to say

Yeah, I'm fine
Don't worry about me
Because if I let you in
You won't like what you see

You can't handle the truth
You prefer a pretty lie
Because I was too young
For my childhood to die

Your pity and sympathy
Is worthless here
You'll walk away too
So I won't let you near

You'll take it personal
And say you're not the same
That I just shouldn't trust
The ones who are to blame

I should tell you
Because you'll understand
You'll stick around
And keep holding my hand

I've heard that before
I don't care what you say
Trust is a game
And I don't want to play

I don't want to hear it
It's all bullshit in the end
But don't you worry
You're still a great friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment