Sunday, April 26, 2015

God is in the Rain.

God is in the rain.

I don't even believe in god the way many people do, and yet I've always loved that statement. I don't even know why. The sentiment, the beauty in it, I suppose.

Many people see rain as somber, a damper on a good day. Perhaps it's the pessimist in me that can't see it that way. Rain is beautiful. Everything about it, the sound, the smell, the feel... rain is purity in its most natural form.

I could sit here and watch the rain all night. It's one of the few things in the world that never fails to make me happy. The feel of it touching my face makes me smile no matter how many times I've felt it.

Rain calms me. As a person with anxiety, this is no small feat. Something so simple and beatiful.. it calms the side of me that is so often chaos.

I often have a point when I write on here... I don't have one this time. I just needed to write down these thoughts swirling in my head, because it's the first time in weeks when they've made sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment