Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Breathe, swim, leap, burn

Take a deep breath in
Don't breathe it out
Just keep holding on
Don't release the shout

Walk into the water
And though you know how to swim
Don't move a muscle
Let the water win

Stand on the ledge
Of the building so tall
Don't take a step back
When you feel like you'll fall

Keep the fire in control
Don't let it burn free
Keep feeding the flames
Just enough for us to see

Fire can warm,
And fire can kill
Water brings life
Water takes what it will

The air you breathe
Is toxic and safe
And the earth below you
Is solid and will break

I stand here at the top
And hold my last breath
Hoping that this water
Won't burn me to death

If I let it out
And let myself fall
Will this leap of faith
Mean nothing at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment